Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Destroyers...

What else do you do on a sunny Sunday...rip apart a perfectly good twenty year old kitchen of course!

  the nook that the hubs built...it gets to stay but the two side windows will be replaced!

But as you can see the rest of the kitchen...not so perfect after all, actually its down right ugly, tired and outdated! 


And needs a major face lift and demo of that disgusting, ugly tile that was "oh so popular" twenty years ago when we built our house...


the grout is beyond nasty and the edge of the counters are just awful...let me repeat myself...AWFUL AND DID I SAY UGLY!!!!!!


and that old Jenn-Air downdraft cook top which was again "oh so popular" twenty years ago has seen its day and has got to go. Now the thing is so old, you can't really even get replacement parts for it, but who'd want to anyway!

So in comes..."THE DESTROYERS"...that's us all cleaned up after a bath and when we're not "DESTROYING" things...


anyway back to the topic at hand...an ugly kitchen and a face lift...

Get out some of our favorite demo tools...I still can't find that sledge hammer I used for THIS home renovation project! I think the hubs buried it on our property somewhere!


Get out the packing material and boxes to pack up all the crap antique Depression glass I've hoarded collected through the years...I swear I could be on one of those episodes of "Hoarders"...scary but true!


so that we can start this major kitchen remodel...

stay tuned for the next upcoming, exciting episodes of...

"THE DESTROYERS"

No comments:

Post a Comment